top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

What material does Green Guy accept?

We accept most household recyclables and all metals.  Check out WHAT WE ACCEPT for more information.  Also, check out WHAT WE DON'T ACCEPT for more information about other recycling and disposal outlets.

Do I need to sort my household recyclables?

Yes!  We have containers for each type of material in our 24 hour drop off center.  Please separate material prior to drop off.  All containers are clearly labeled in order to help you recycle properly.  

What does Green Guy purchase?

We purchase all metals, please see our WHAT WE BUY page!

Does Green Guy charge a fee for any items?

Unfortunately, certain recyclable items have a negative value.  We want to provide an outlet for recycling these materials, but we have to charge for them.  These include tires, TVs, CRT computer monitors, used oil filters, and freon bearing appliances.  These fees are waived for San Marcos city residents who currently pay their "recycling center services fee" on their City of San Marcos utility bill and the items must be brought in DURING BUSINESS HOURS.  For details, check out the example of a CITY OF SAN MARCOS UTILITY BILL.

Will someone help me unload my metal?

Yes!  We have forklifts, bobcats, large magnets, and a large-volume material handler to get the metal offloaded quickly.  Our crew is here to help unload.  For details about our equipment, please see our EQUIPMENT page.  WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO VEHICLES OR TRAILERS.

How can I get current pricing on metals?

Contact Green Guy Recycling by phone at 512-353-3266.

Does Green Guy pick up any material?

We do!  We offer ROLL OFF SERVICE for 20, 30, and 40 yard containers.  We can also send a truck and trailer to pick up scrap metal.  Our service area includes San Marcos, Kyle, Buda, Wimberley, New Braunfels, Canyon Lake, Lockhart, and Luling.  Call for a quote at 512-353-3266.

Does Green Guy sell metal?

Yes, we have an outstanding resale program!  We generally have construction material, such as I-beams, corrugated roofing metal, and angle iron.  We also sell all types of scrap metal and some of the random items that come our way.  To get a better idea of a few items we have, check out our RESALE page.  We do not keep a running inventory of material as it comes and goes so quickly but give us a call or stop by for current availability.

What kind of documentation do I need to sell metal?

For all metal sales (except aluminum cans), the Texas Department of Public Safety requires the seller to show a valid government-issued driver's license or identification card.  For specific items such as A/C units and vehicles, please see our DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS  page.

How do I increase the value of my metal?

Keep the different metals separated.  The more you sort your metal, the better price we can give you.  For a few ideas on how to sort, see our MAKE MORE MONEY page.

What are Green Guy's business hours?

Our drop off center for household recyclables is open 24/7.  The metals buy back center is open Monday- Friday 8a - 5p and Saturday 8a - 12p.

Where is Green Guy Recycling located?

Our address is 937 Highway 80,  San Marcos, TX 78666.  We are located on the east side of I-35, off of Highway 80, directly behind Tractor Supply and Hobby Lobby.

bottom of page